Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Halfnhalf

I started the morning cooking breakfast for BGWLBH and Adoring Husband, playing with Harley for an hour, hanging out washing and doing a couple more loads, bringing AH’s washing in, cooking the vegetables for Harleys meal packs, cooking my chicken sausages for MY breakfast, making a smoothie for BGWLBH and cleaning the kitchen.

I finished the morning and the remainder of the day planted in front of the TV watching Netflix movies.

I cooked sweet sticky chicken with boiled potatoes and garlic asparagus and green beans for dinner.

That was my very ordinary and uneventful day.

Tomorrow is Bathurst day, so we girls are deciding whether to escape Dodge or just find something more interesting to do at home.

Time to sleep now.






Nite all.

No comments: