Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 99 in a Year of my Life

It just happened that on Saturday, 26th January, which was Australia Day, Adoring Husband and I spent the morning at the Lion's Park.  We cooked our breakfast on the public barbecue and wandered around taking photos because of the heavy overnight rainfall and the unusually high tide.

Then the tornado hit in the early hours of 27th January.

This morning, exactly a week later, I took some photos from about the same angles as last week's shots.

Before and After shots...






I have some more to do, but it's a bit emotionally draining, so I'm not going to do them all in one day.

However, today, I am grateful for our impromptu photo shoot on the day before the tornado, because now we have a pretty accurate catalogue of 'before' and 'after'.  Sad, but true.

Today is a fragile day, so I'm taking it slowly and quietly, and licking my wounds.  It started badly, but is slowly improving.

Woman of Many Talents dropped by with her other half, the Kiwi Boy, today.

It was good to see them ... I needed to see them today, because they were away when the tornado hit and they struggled for three days to get home through the floods.  They've spent the last four days cleaning up and they were the last of our friends that we hadn't seen since it all happened.

I'm beginning to crave some comfort food - should I or shouldn't I?  I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Early mark today so ...

Afternoon all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

The photos say it all Roz. How uncanny that you took those photos. You have both been through a terrible ordeal and it will take a long time for the nightmares to stop. My heart goes out to you both.
xx Judi