Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

First Thought

Looking back on 2015, what is your first thought? What stands out the most?

There are a few things that come to mind immediately, for me.
  • Changing our lifestyle to paleo and feeling the positive health benefits.
  • Having the best road trip EVER with BGWLBH, during which we got to visit Bubbles.
  • Losing three family members, including BGWLBH's Dad.
  • Doing well with my studies but withdrawing due to extenuating circumstances.
  • Having two weeks with Chicklet while Vegan Chickie travelled overseas.
  • Vegan Chickie being in Paris when the terrorist tragedy occurred.
  • Having my teeth fixed.
  • Dipping my toes into Jeunesse.
  • Creating great memories with the Burrum ladies over long lunches and delightful morning teas.
  • Supporting Adoring Husband in his dream to make a difference in the SES.
I have a few immediate plans for 2016.
  • Getting back into my photography.
  • Being more 'arty' and 'crafty'.
  • Another road trip with BGWLBH.
  • Attempting to set some life goals and making plans to reach them.
  • Walking along our beach more often - bare foot.
  • Work harder at promoting Jeunesse.
There will be more to add to the list, after I spend some time thinking about it.

I made this ice cream tonight, but it's currently freezing, so I can't tell you if it is a success or not.

1 cup of pre-soaked cashews. 
1 cup of coconut milk.
1 cup of shredded coconut.
1/2 cup maple syrup.
3T raw cacao powder
2t vanilla extract

Put it all in the blender and blend until it's all smooth and beautiful. Pour into a bowl (I shredded some premium organic dark chocolate to mix in at this point) and put in the freezer. Take it out every hour or so to stir the mixture. It should be ready in about 4 hours.

I hope it's as delicious as it looks!

Time is rapidly heading towards 1am, so I'm off to bed!

Nite all.

No comments: