Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Gross Grandpa

Do NOT waste your time going to see 'Dirty Grandpa' - unless you want to enjoy the glorious view of a very naked Zac Efron (which is indeed glorious).

Robert De Niro is my favourite actor, so this movie was VERY disappointing for me.

The profanities were mostly unnecessary, and very vulgar and offensive. There were graphic sex scenes and drug use and so much tasteless dialogue, ugly characters and all political correctness was tossed out of the window.

There were a few laughs, but not enough to make up for the homophobia, racism, sexism and crass jokes about cancer and pedophilia that make you squirm in your seat with discomfort.

Adoring Husband almost walked out before the halfway mark and I believe that if the two main characters were different actors, I probably would have walked out too.

There are no excuses and sadly, I have lost a bit of respect for both Zac and Robert after suffering through this poor excuse for a movie.

Afterwards, some retail therapy went a small way towards improving my day! We drove to Tinkerbells on the Esplanade at Scarness and I bought some oracle cards and a new crystal to hang from my frangipani tree.

I bought a top on sale at Just Jeans and I ordered a book by Christiane Northrup from the ABC shop across the road. "Goddesses Never Age" and you can watch a short video of her daughter interviewing her about the book here. I love her ideas and the way she thinks.

After a very busy and social week, I'm looking forward to spending tomorrow at home catching up on some housework and a photography job that I should have done 2 months ago, but lost the man's email address - I ran into him today and he questioned me about my failure to fulfil his request. Best get onto that tomorrow!

Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: