Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Intermittent Kind of Day

Word of the day: 'Ubuntu' (n) A quality that includes the essential human virtues; compassion and humanity.

What a 'weathery' kind of day!

Intermittent heavy showers. Intermittent strong gusty winds. Intermittent sunshine.

The day started out warm and steamy. At morning tea, three of us used our fans to cool down, but by mid morning, the rain came and the temperature dropped briefly. In Queensland, the rain doesn't cool things down, it just creates more steam and humidity!

There were eight of us at morning tea today and there was lots of loud chatter going on. Many different conversations happening at once. I wanted to be involved in all of them! Unfortunately I'm not talented enough to listen to four conversations at the same time.

Later, I gathered my camera gear (for the first time in months) and took photos of Mardi's house, inside and out. I haven't edited the photos yet (FYI Mardi and The Life Saver), so that job is on top of my priority list!

By the time I arrived home, I was starving! I'd only had a lemon and ginger tea all day and it was 11.30am, so headed straight for the kitchen and cooked up a concoction of chicken, mushrooms, leek, kale, garlic, chilli and cashew nuts. It was quite delicious and very satisfying.

Adoring Husband was called out to an important SES meeting for the afternoon, so I took the opportunity to do a couple of jobs around the house. I had to pedal down to the butcher between rain showers this afternoon because there was no dog food for the psychotic dogs.

I used my intuition to determine when AH would return home, and timed dinner to perfection. More chicken and lots of vegetables. Steamed broccoli, roasted cauliflower, roasted zucchini, steamed beans and baked sweet potato discs. Two main meals today and I'm feeling very sated!

It's a pretty boring kind of post today.

I'm looking forward to another early night.

Nite all.

No comments: