Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 6, 2016

R & R Reward

After my big day of cleaning yesterday, today, I had fun with Adoring Husband in The Bay.

We shopped for necessities. We shopped for the pleasure of shopping. We shopped for food. We checked on the status of my charm bracelet at the jewellers. We did grandbaby shopping. We did doggy shopping. We did salted caramel ice cream shopping. I even stepped into BUNNINGS!! And you know how much I HATE Bunnings!!

We lunched at Wild Lotus.

We returned home to view my beautiful, shiny and clean workspace!

Tonight was the usual Friday night raffle at the Bowls Club, but the crowd was much bigger than normal and the noise was almost unbearable. No luck at our table, which seems to be the norm these days!

I've been hanging out for the new Karaoke Carpool with James Corden and it finally came through on my feed today. Such fun with some amazing back seat visitors in George Clooney and Julia Roberts.



Now I feel the need to sleep.

Happy birthday BGWLBH. I hope you've had a nice day :)

Nite all.


No comments: