Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 24, 2023

Memories

I’m watching the movie “Smokey and the Bandit” on TV and remembering how my Dad loved this movie. I think he had a ‘thing’ for Sally Field.

Looking back I think he had a ‘type’. Evie Tornquist …

… and Sally Field …

They have very similar looks and they were both tiny in stature.

Interesting.

My day was similar to all my other days.

In the art room I began experimenting with gold leaf and some glue that I had in my drawer. BGWLBH has given me some special leaf glue to try tomorrow.



I slept on the couch for an hour … as usual.

Adoring Husband and I watched a couple of Netflix movies.

We all played trivia after dinner winning one each.

Harley has had the attention of all three of us at some stage today and we girls debugged the garden getting rid of caterpillars and grasshoppers and bad bugs.

Harley dived into the pool and then dived on ME! I was wearing my pyjamas at the time.

Time for sleeping now.


Nite all.

No comments: