Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Feeling Peaceful

Friday was uneventful.

Harley play, a bit of art play, cooking breakfast and dinner, watching football.

Here is the pic of my seahorses as mentioned in Thursdays blog post. It has caused me a bit of grief but I’m getting there.

Today was meditation day at Dallarnil.

Heart of Gold picked me up early and we chatted nonstop all the way there.

We had 90 minutes of meditation and discussions about ‘not quitting’ and ‘giving up stuff’ followed by 90 minutes of tea and cookies and D & M discussions about life in general.

Another 80 minutes drive home with us chattering away still!

I arrived home just before 2pm so I spent 30 minutes playing with Harley outside and Adoring Husband made a cup of tea for me to take into the lounge room ready for the football.

It was a relaxing afternoon of footy and I made baked Dijon chicken thigh fillets for dinner with sweet potato chips, beans and broccoli.

Is almost 11.30pm so I think I’m ready to sleep.








Nite all.

No comments: