Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Festival Fun

A little old lady was walking down the street dragging two large plastic garbage bags behind her. One of the bags was ripped, and every once in awhile, a $20 bill fell out onto the sidewalk. 

Noticing this, a Policeman stopped her, and said, "Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling Out of that bag."

"Oh, really? Darn it!" said the little old lady. "I'd better go back and see if I can find them. Thanks for telling me officer.."

"Well, now, not so fast," said the cop. "Where did you get all that money? You didn't steal it, did you?"

"Oh, no, no", said the old lady. "You see, my back yard is right next to the football stadium parking lot. On game days, a lot of fans come and pee through a knot hole in the fence, right into my flower garden. It used to really tick me off. Kills the flowers, you know.

Then I thought, 'why not make the best of it?' So, now, on game days, I stand behind the fence by the knot hole, real quiet, with my hedge clippers. Every time some guy sticks his pecker through my fence, I surprise him, grab hold of it and say, 'O.K., buddy! Give me $20, or off it comes.'

"Well, that seems only fair," said the cop, laughing. "OK. Good luck!

Oh, by the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Well, you know", said the little old lady, "not everybody pays."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We experienced an exhausting morning at Childers for the festival.

Typically, we always arrive before 8am and get to spend the first ninety minutes crowd free and able to see all the stalls without issue. We follow that with some food from a van and we sit near the staging area and enjoy some of the entertainment before working our way back to the car and heading home before midday.

This year was a bit different.

By 9am, the crowds were difficult to negotiate and we were feeling a bit claustrophobic. We persisted until almost 11am and then made our escape. No entertainment and we couldn't find any gluten free food so we decided to try Arkarra Gardens for a late breakfast, but unfortunately they stop serving breakfast at 11am, as do Goodys on the Beach.

We thought The Bay might have all day breakfast somewhere, but then we figured we may as well have lunch.

A great idea in theory, and even though traffic was almost nonexistent, the restaurants were super busy! So we hightailed it home to the safety and solitude of our own kitchen and we were sitting down to our home made lunch by 1pm.

Yes I made some purchases at Childers - a silver sugar bowl mobile with silver cutlery, two home made stuffed toys (gifts), a crystal, a hanging shell, a card and some treats for Harley.

Much less than I usually buy at my favourite festival!

Tomorrow is whale watching day, so another early start for me - that means it’s time for me to sleep!






Nite all.


No comments: