Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 24, 2026

Mildly Productive

I declined BGWLBH’s invitation into The Bay this morning because I was feeling slightly motivated to be moderately productive around the house.

Note the two words “slightly” and “moderately”.

I was awake at 5.30am and turned on the live golf to watch the final round of the BMW Championship.

Harley got to play at 9am after I had removed the pedestal fan from my room so that Adoring Husband could pull it apart for me to clean, however, when I returned inside, he had already cleaned it!

What a good egg.

My bedroom floor was looking very ‘furry’, so I asked AH to set the vacuum cleaner up for me while I used the rubber broom to scrape as much Harley hair from the floor and especially the architraves as I could.

AH decided to take over that chore too, so I let him finish before taking the vacuum cleaner and doing the job properly, including cleaning the ceiling cornices and brushing the walls that had a coating of dust.

My navy bedspread also had a coating of Harley hair, because he has been jumping on my bed every morning for the last week and snuggling for an hour or two. I used the lint remover to do that.

The only thing wrong with owning a border collie is the fact that they drop enough fur to make a new border collie every day.

I gave the vacuuming away after doing the hallway outside my bedroom.

I brought my washing inside and put it away.

By then, I was starving so I sent AH to buy coffee while I crumbed and cooked some raw prawn cutlets. I made a seafood dipping sauce and sliced some lemon to have on the side.

While I ate and drank, I caught up on some episodes of The Voice.

We found the new series “Stuart Fails to Save the Universe” on HBO and we really enjoyed it. Lots of guest appearances from the characters in Big Bang Theory. There are only 5 episodes so far but I got some good giggles out of it.

Tonight’s dinner was baked potatoes covered in beef with tomato and onion, with stir fried vegetables - beans, snow peas, zucchini, carrots, red capsicum, broccolini, bok choy and onion.

Healthful.

Now it’s time to sleep because I have meditation early tomorrow morning.





Nite all.

No comments: