Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 227 in a Year of my Life

Went to the Thermomix demonstration.

Loved it.

Trouble is ... we have in our kitchen, every single kitchen appliance and gadget that the Thermomix replaces.

That makes it really difficult to warrant spending almost $2000 for the Thermomix.

Even the time saved in the preparation of food is lost to us, because we are not workers and have all the time in the world to prepare and cook.

So, as much as I LOVE the Thermomix and would LOVE to have one permanently placed on my kitchen bench, with a bit of practical thinking, and common sense, it's probably not the smartest buy for us right now.

I think it would be ideal for a young family just starting out and where both parents work.  Space saving in the kitchen, time saving for healthy and fast family meals, time saving as far as cleaning at the end of the meal goes and the advantage of having just one gadget for so many purposes.

It would also be excellent for anyone travelling in a caravan or campervan.  The one place where you need to save space and weight, and still want the versatility to cook a variety of different meals, even in remote locations.

Great for a single person, who just can't be bothered spending time in the kitchen preparing, would find this ideal because it does everything for you,  is so fast, and healthy meals wouldn't be such a chore.

I am so tempted to write ten thousand words on the virtues of the fabulous Thermomix, so be grateful that I am ending the Thermomix story right here!

Another thing that I gained from this party was the discovery of a business that provides organic fruit, vegetables and groceries in the area .. something that I thought we had lost forever, after moving from Sydney.

I'm pretty excited about this find and can't wait to put in our first order!  Especially until our new veggie garden is established.

Today, I am grateful to Donna, the Thermomix demonstrator, for reminding me about food and environmental issues that affect our health, which I have become lazy and complacent about of late.

Time to take better care of our health by focussing on all the things we cared so much about before we moved here.

Time to sleep now.

Nite all.

 


No comments: