Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 228 in a Year of my Life

Sadly, one of my boys passed away yesterday.

He had spent a lot of years, on and off, fighting different forms of cancer, but this last diagnosis hit him hard and I don't think he had any fight left in him.

These past few months were a real struggle for him.  He was in a lot of pain and unable to look after himself properly, though he fought hard to stay in his own home right to the end.

He had been in hospital for almost a week after a fall at home, when he finally gave up.

Even though we all agreed that he may not be able to fight this one out, it was still a shock to us that he lost the battle this soon.

He's no longer in pain and he doesn't have to fight anymore.  His suffering is over.

But I still feel sad.

He really liked this photo and asked for a copy.


Rest In Peace Rodney.

Today I am grateful to have known Rodney Ross.  He was one of my boys and the first one I found and hugged after the tornado in January.  It took a while, but he shared a little bit of his life with me and always gave me a cheerful 'good morning' when I arrived at the Seat of Knowledge.

We will miss you.  I will miss you.

Nite all.

No comments: