Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

One Down

The first semester of my Nutritional Medicine course is now complete!

Disappointingly, and only because I set myself a goal, the mark for my final assessment was only 88% which is graded as a Distinction. I wanted to get High Distinctions for all of my assignments and it was a stupid typo that lost me the points, so it was a hard lesson learned.

I must check, double check and triple check my work before submitting it!

However, overall, my average mark is 96% and I'm pretty happy with that.

I never imagined, as I began this course, that I could do this well .. but now that I have proven that I CAN, I expect to continue to do so!

For now, I wait to receive my new subjects and lesson plans for the second semester.

We've had a quiet day at home with intermittent rain periods. We hope that the weather will improve tomorrow so that we can fill the day with some touristy activities before Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour head home on Monday.

I really must get some photos of everyone before they head home.

If you are wondering why there was no blog post yesterday .. we attended the Bowls Club last night for the usual raffles and drinks, and then continued on to the restaurant for a farewell dinner for Mrs Bucket and The Jockey.

We shared too much wine and by the time we arrived home, I was both too tipsy and too tired to stay up blogging.

But a good time was had by all!

Adoring Husband and I are watching one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, so I'm off to become absorbed.

Nite all.



No comments: