Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Try it

Some time ago, I watched a video of this Dr talking about her MS and how she had reversed the symptoms and changed her life .. I guess she inspired me to change my diet/lifestyle with the hopes of improving my health and stopping, or slowing down the ageing process, which was beginning to hinder me somewhat.

I've enjoyed the positive effects of my new eating regime. Luckily for me, my minimal ageing problems were nothing compared to Dr Wahl's, but I thought I would share her story with you.

Dr Wahl's story

I had a quiet afternoon studying, while the rest of the family went for a drive to Maryborough and Lenthalls Dam. Bubbles got some good photos and I ALMOST finished my assignment. I think it will take another couple of hours tomorrow to finish up.


It's almost midnight and while I am really enjoying listening to some Classic Rock music on Foxtel, I think it's time to turn it off and climb into bed. Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Midnight Oil, George Thorogood and Bob Dylan .. it's been a joy spending the evening with you!

Nite all.

No comments: