Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 4, 2015

Slightly Improved

The news of Nellie has marginally changed to 'slightly improved' and she has now been returned to the nursing home. She is still very ill and very fragile and with her dementia, doesn't recognise Adoring Husband.

We still 'wait and see'.

Today, I read some introductions to my 3 new study subjects and I must say, they are looking pretty intense, and I have a lot of work ahead of me.

One of the wonderful teachers has even provided a study plan to help us work our way steadily through the semester, helping us reach our 3 assignment dates without stress. She seems to be very hands on and has organised an assistant so that she can mark our assignments in a timely manner. So far, she is my favourite.

I hope to use the word 'procrastination' a lot less this semester and I plan on honing my focussing skills. Wednesday is my start day - head down, bum up!

Share time ...





Nite all.

No comments: