Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Moulded Bozzy

This is a quick and short post because I'm exhausted and need to sleep.

It was almost 3am before I finally fell asleep this morning and the alarm woke me at 6am. I really thought I'd conquered this fear of dentists, but obviously not, because I couldn't sleep AND my eye is infected again .. the same as the last three times leading up to a dental visit .. UGH!

The dentist almost suffocated me this morning taking moulds for my back upper denture. Gross man! It was extremely unpleasant, but on the positive side, she was very fast. I was sitting in the chair at 8am and walking out the door at 8.45am in search of a good coffee!

I decided to go to the movies on my own, to see 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2' and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was all alone in the cinema until about 2 minute before the movie began, when about 20 or 30 people came in.

After the movie, I found my favourite shop and bought a couple of tops and bottoms. Then I discovered a remote controlled dragon for Chicklet. She loves it and we spent all afternoon playing with it and trying to perfect the very touchy remote. It's tricky, but fun!

It's been a very long day, mostly because I didn't eat and fuel my body, so I've been running on empty for most of the day. Self inflicted, and I know better.

Tomorrow morning I am having a pre-birthday celebration with the Chicklet family before I head home. By pre-birthday celebration, I mean balloons, coffee and cake!

Right now, I need desperately to close my eyes and head off to dreamland.

Nite all.

No comments: