Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Art Fail

Today, I created a beautiful piece of art.

It was a simple but effective abstract and the colours were amazing. It only took 25 minutes, I proudly displayed it on my main easel and as I went to leave the room, I turned at the door to admire it from a distance.

At that point I thought it needed one more touch so I walked back to the easel and gave it the touch.

Big mistake.

It was no longer beautiful.

I attempted to undo what I’d done but made it worse again.

I tried three different things to fix/improve/change what I’d done, to no avail.

What was left was a canvas full of mess - I had destroyed my beautiful piece of art.

So I spent the remainder of the day sulking over my blunder.

I napped on the couch and we had easy tacos for dinner.

It’s almost 11pm so I’m ready to sleep.

This is NOT my art haha.







Nite all.

No comments: