Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

D & M

Two big days in a row.

Yesterday was meditation, qi gong and an almost 5 hour session with The Gypsy.

Our sessions are always amazing, educational, inspiring, therapeutic and exhausting. I thoroughly enjoy them and we could easily talk for ten hours if given the opportunity! However, on Tuesday, we had to make a conscious effort to end the session because we were both mentally exhausted!

I still got some Harley play in and then cooked a roast vegetable frittata, stuffed mushrooms, lamb cutlets and side salad for dinner.

Today was five hours in The Bay.

I forgot to order a FROG box this week, so we shopped at the Farm Gate kiosk in Stocklands and purchased some delicious fruit and vegetables.

We updated our lottos.

Did a meat shop at Pialba butchery, including bulk dog bones for Harley.

Then it was a big grocery shop at Coles.

In between, we browsed and window shopped and before we drove home, we got our usual Su Jus order.

On top of my big Tuesday, today was a long day and after unpacking the groceries, playing with Harley and cooking dinner - protein with mashed potato, sweet chilli carrot sticks and garlic butter snow peas, I was doubly exhausted!

I even came to bed before MAFS was finished and now it’s almost 10.30pm!

Gotta get some sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: