Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Date is Set

DBS is set for 1st May.

There is paperwork galore.

Plans to be made.

Accommodation to be booked.

Transport to be planned.

Funds to be found.

I had a day in The Bay today.

Twisted my ankle outside Nana’s Pantry. I had a big glass bottle of Castor Oil in each hand and as I fell forward I had to avoid the concrete blocks that stop cars from parking on the footpath.

Luckily BGWLBH was there to soften my fall. I did not break the bottles or damage my body in any way, but it gave both of us a hell of a fright!

My sunglasses flew off and slid under the car.

I survived.

We attempted to have breakfast at Aquavue because we know they have new owners, but we discovered that their kitchen was closed for the day.

It was a very busy morning for us, we finished with a juice from Su Jus cafe and were home well before 2pm - just in time to receive an important phone call from a member of Adoring Husbands surgical team.

The next hour was filled with the phone call, filling out paperwork and listening to AH yabber on about everything.

Now I need to sleep.










Nite all.


No comments: