Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Tuesday is Back

This is the delicious lemon meringue pie that I made for BGWLBH’s birthday …



This is BGWLBH over full on dinner and cake …

The Gypsy is back on track and meditation, along with qi gong, restarted today.

Wahoo!

Both classes were brilliant with quite a few new faces, which is excellent for business.

Afterwards I had a ride in her new car and we visited Heart of Gold for a couple of hours.

There was lots to catch up on because we hadn’t seen Heart of Gold for a couple of months while she travelled and The Gypsy and I hadn’t spoken face to face for a month while she sold property and set up her new home in The Bay.

Heart of Gold served us tea and healthy rice paper rolls which we enjoyed on her deck.

At 1pm we said our goodbyes and The Gypsy dropped me home.

There I discovered that our washing machine had finally, after 15 years, died.

Adoring Husband wanted us to drive into The Bay to buy a new one and suggested that we get the same machine. This one had served us well without any problems over those years.

I, in turn, suggested that if we know what we want, why not just phone them and make the purchase that way.

So we decided on the same brand (LG), same machine but the most recent and bigger version. AH purchased it over the phone and paid extra for delivery, installation and removal of the now dead LG.

Much easier than going all the way into The Bay.

This was followed by receipt of the itemised bill for AH’s surgery this month.

It’s a costly and hopefully worthwhile and successful business.

Gosh, it’s almost midnight! Sleep time for me.




Nite all.

No comments: