Friday was a quiet day at home and I tested out the new slow cooker. My lamb shanks, after 6 hours, were not as I expected and it seems that I’m going to have play around with the settings and test some more to get it right.
I had an early night so that I’d be fresh for Saturday morning and the “celebration of life” for our friend Linda.
I was picked up at 9.50am and we drove out to Mrs Fabulous’s house and transferred to her car to drive into the Bay.
There, we picked up The Gypsy and drove to the botanic gardens where the service was being held in the Treehouse.
We were a touch early, so we walked across the road to the bakery for coffee and cake. The Gypsy and I did not partake but Mrs Fabulous and Miss Telstra enjoyed the wares.
Soon after, we joined everybody at the Treehouse and sat through an hour of moving speeches, photographs and a mind blowing eulogy which proved that none of us knew Linda as well as we thought.
The one common thread through it all showed that she was a shining beacon of light and love who touched many people all over the world. Every single photo (and there were MANY!) from childhood and covering 79 years of her full and rich life, showed her beautiful beaming smile.
She will certainly be missed.
I was home by 1pm. I made myself some lunch and planted my emotionally drained body on the couch for the remainder of the afternoon.
I’m now in bed watching the football and I hope to see some of the golf during the night. It doesn’t start until 1am so we’ll see!
I’m looking forward to a quiet Sunday..
Nite all.





No comments:
Post a Comment