Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 146 in a Year of my Life

Sorry Darling ... but surely you knew you would be mentioned in my post tonight ...

Unfortunately, we drove over a damaging piece of tin on the way to the club.

We drove to the club because AH can't drink alcohol while on some special medication.

Squirt heard the unusual sound when we ran over the tin and then she and I listened to the tyre hissing loudly when we parked the car.

We couldn't see the tin and Adoring Husband couldn't hear the hissing.  He suffers from Tinnitus so there are certain levels of sound that he simply can't hear... like hissing.

Try as we might to convince him that there was a problem .. he couldn't see or hear any evidence of a problem, so it went ignored.

Three hours later, when we were ready to go home ... guess what?

Yes ... a flat tyre.  A very very flat tyre.

Poor AH copped a mouthful and a half from Squirt, who, after quite a few stubbies of beer, was in fine form ... loud, obnoxious and using language that could easily have had her removed from the club.

Of course, I added my two cents worth as well.

She, Maid Marian and I headed back inside for another drink while Maid Marian's husband helped AH change the tyre.

We arrived home almost two hours after we would have normally, so it was well past AH's bed time.

He went to bed and Squirt and I cooked a nosh up for dinner.

Meanwhile, I am traumatised by yet another tornado that has hit the southern state of Victoria.  Thousands of kilometres away, but my goodness it hit a tender spot for me and I struggled to hold it together while watching the footage at the club.

Meanwhile (number two) the preview for the next Star Trek movie is out and it looks pretty damned good!  AH is going to LOVE that one!

Nite all.

No comments: