Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 18, 2015

State of Shame

The second State of Origin game was played tonight, in Melbourne.

Queensland won the first game three weeks ago, and for those of you who don't know about the State of Origin series, it's the best of three games.

Tonight, before the game, they announced 1 minute of silence for one of Australia's greatest athletes, Ron Clark, who passed away earlier today at the age of 78.

A large portion of the crowd was a disgrace during that minute, chanting and yelling and swearing throughout the entire minute and behaving in such a disrespectful manner that I was appalled, as I'm sure, many other Australians were too.

It was positively shameful.

It was a bad start to a bad game. Poor refereeing by both the video refs and the on-field refs (those poor decisions were made for both teams). Nasty tactics by the NSW captain and most (but not all) of his team. It seems that NSW can only win with rough-house tactics because they don't have the skill to win a fair game.

NSW won, so there will be a decider played in Queensland in three weeks time.

So .. I've had my say on that terrible game .. had to get it off my chest .. thank you for listening!

This afternoon, I attended our community hall to take a group photo of some ladies called 'The Village Voices", who often have morning or afternoon teas where they entertain the local community and raise money for various causes.


Today, they were raising money for the children of June Wallis. June was murdered by her husband (the children's father) in March this year and the children are now in the care of their grandparents.

One of the ladies told me that the only group photos they have, are of them looking down at their music sheets, or with their mouths wide open singing, so I volunteered my services and also offered to take photos to be published in our local newsletter that is circulated monthly, to show how the community take care of each other.

I will share them here another time.

Adoring Husband and I spent the afternoon in The Bay. I had to get an enlarged print of a photograph for someone and also stock up on some pantry items. I enjoyed a little retail therapy as well.

We've had some good rain today. It also rained very heavily in The Bay while we were there. We need it and the garden is very happy. I picked some bok choy from the garden when we got home and it was full and crisp and delicious from the rain.

I thought I'd share this trailer for a documentary that I have been keeping my eye on for the last year or so. It asks for donations to help in the creation of the documentary. I just wanted to clarify that I'm not sharing this to ask for money on their behalf.

I'm sharing it because I think just about every woman who I know reads this blog, has body issues .. hell who hasn't? I believe that it will be a very interesting documentary, and will show us that we are not alone with our negative thoughts.



Oops! I may be turning into a pumpkin! It's just past midnight ... again!

Nite all.

No comments: