I slept a solid six hours and woke up without the alarm at 4am.
My alarm was set for 5am to get ready for a 6.30am departure, so I turned on the TV to watch the golf until I needed to rise.
Harley decided he would jump out of his bed onto my bed for cuddles, which was quite lovely. He lay on top of my body and rested his head on my cheek. He loves me.
We left the house at 6.35am and after dealing with crazy, speeding, dangerous overtaking on double lines on a bend and idiots taking risks on crossroads, we arrived at Urangan Pier markets at 7.10am.
It was PACKED! We had to drive around the block 3 times looking for a park and eventually had to park a ten minute walk away!
There were heaps of stalls and heaps of people and I spent heaps of money.
I bought
- An enormous sourdough loaf
- Six GF cinnamon donuts
- An ocean jasper pendant
- Two handmade cards
- Two journals - one with a free embroidered calico bag
- A tea towel
- A glasses cleaning cloth
There was stunning art on offer, especially some beautiful stylised octopus in carved timber frames.
Three or four stalls with crystals, gemstones and jewellery.
Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
GF breads of all descriptions, Turkish bread, Lebanese bread, baklava and half a dozen different types of sourdough.
A stall full of jams, relishes, chutneys, sauces and pickles.
Fresh local honey.
Carved timber products like cutting boards, pens, bowls, toys etc.
Lady’s clothing and funny printed t-shirts.
Pottery and ceramics all handmade and hand painted.
Essential oils, balms and sprays.
A magnesium stand.
A hemp stand.
A sausage sizzle.
A German sausage van.
A coffee van.
Two fresh juice vans.
A donut van.
Plants, orchids, succulents, fresh flowers and air plants.
So much more.
We left there at 8.30am and went in search of breakfast. It was quite chilly and my fingers and toes were chilled to the bone! I don’t usually feel the cold, but I certainly did this morning.
I enjoyed a freshly squeezed orange and pineapple juice, while BGWLBH had her usual bacon and eggs with pot of tea.
We went in search of the elusive art gallery that we’ve been meaning to visit for a couple of years. What a hidden gem that is!
Beautifully maintained and obviously well loved, run by volunteers and with a really friendly and warm atmosphere. Lots of beautiful art on the walls and a big area where they run classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced. Today they had mosaic classes.
The art changes every month with a different theme for each hanging.
I wish I either lived closer or had a drivers licence because I would definitely join the gallery, do the classes, hang my art and volunteer on a regular basis.
Our final destination was an art and craft garage sale in Torquay. A little shop that ran different art and craft classes was closing down and becoming a mobile operation, so there was heaps of old stock on offer in packs for $5 each.
BGWLBH got a huge bag of different sized pearls.
I got a bag of sea glass, a small tackle box full of gold and silver jewellery findings, 20 gold and silver key rings with clips, tiny screw in hooks in gold and silver, alcohol ink, silicon moulds, ceramic planter pots, leather fringes, 20 packets of crafting wire, crafting gloves, liquid droppers, nail art stickers, glitter and lots more. I spent $54. I could easily have spent more!
If I was still doing my art classes, I’d have made a killing with premixed pouring paint because she had boxes of it.
We were absolutely exhausted after all of that! We came home, prepared ourselves some lunch and cup of tea before BGWLBH retreated to her bedroom for a nap and I selected the couch for my nap.
I’ve watched the football this afternoon and evening and will probably fall asleep before the golf is telecast.
After four days in a row in the Bay, tomorrow will definitely be a rest day … although I DO have some washing that desperately needs doing.
I’ll see how I feel in the morning.
Nite all.









No comments:
Post a Comment