Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Road Trip is ON!

This has been on the cards for a few months now, but I just wasn't sure if I could manage it financially, with my studies, possible visitors plus Adoring Husband's SES duties, but it seems that the Gods have smiled upon us and except for one small hiccup, which can be overcome, the road trip is ON!

I have booked my flight to Sydney and BGWLBH is driving to Sydney on the same day .. but that's as far as our plans have progressed. We haven't finalised any accommodation details. We have no idea what direction we are heading, if at all. It's just going to be one of those 'follow your nose and decide as we go' situations.

It will be nice to get some camera time in and BGWLBH has a new lens that she wants to play with, so we'll be searching for some great photo opportunities.

Knight in Shining Armour will be picking me up from the airport while Bubbles is at work and then hopefully, we'll spend Sunday with them before we embark on our adventure.

In the meantime, I have to study with intensity and sit an exam before I leave, then upon my return, I will have two weeks until my next exam! Two weeks after that I'll have an assignment due! So I'll be pushing myself to my limits!

Ah well, that's life.

Do we all love Meryl Streep? It took a lot of years for me to warm to her, but now I am a fan.


As an SES volunteer, Adoring Husband has to participate in a land search tomorrow for a missing man in our area. I can't imagine that I could ever do such a thing. The idea of possibly coming across the remains of a fellow human being, fills me with dread, so I have great admiration for the people who have the courage to do it.

I can only feel grateful that I will have a full day of silence to get in some of that intense study that I mentioned.

So I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: