Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Gathering

What a day!

The Motivator and I had organised our first Jeunesse presentation for today and I was feeling very nervous because my favourite girls weren't involved.

The first thing I did when planning this gathering, was create a preferred list names of who I knew I would feel most at ease with, and who I knew would not feel obliged or pressured by the occasion, so that I could relax and practise.

Unfortunately, the first two I invited, already had other plans and simply were not available, so I decided that if I couldn't have them all together for my first presentation day, I would invite a different group and save my favourites for the next one (you know who you are .. so don't dare believe that you've escaped my clutches!).

In my discombobulated state this morning, everything I did took much longer than it should have. I was supposed to prepare two dips and some sweet energy balls, but I only 'just' managed to make the dips and I still couldn't get to The Motivator's house (where the gathering was taking place) until an hour later than I'd promised.

The Motivator was struggling to be organised and The Holistic Healer, who was supposed to be leading this presentation, was also  running late!

Then two of my guests arrived 10 and 20 minutes late! What a crazy start to the morning! Worst of all, I left my all important folder and Ipad at home! *sigh*

Amazingly, the tricky start didn't deter us and it all ran fairly smoothly from there.




The Holistic Healer kicked things off and The Motivator and I both had input. Through it all we learnt a lot and I think that the two of us working as a team is going to suit us well.

While I expected to be out for approximately 3 hours, the day ran much longer than that for The Motivator and I! After five hours, I finally departed and headed straight for a coffee .. funny that I should need coffee and NOT alcohol to unwind!

I arrived home just in time to help Adoring Husband prepare for an SES meeting, so we barely crossed paths today.

Tomorrow, he and I have a big day planned. Lunch with The Brisbane Broncos coach, Wayne Bennett. I am very much looking forward to that!

It's fast approaching midnight and I believe that I can hear a pillow calling my name!

Nite all.

No comments: