Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happily Productive

A visit to the Seat of Knowledge.

Morning tea with the girls (minus Lady Lynn), including some yummy coconut lemon balls made with love by Mardi.

I arrived home a little after 10am and popped a whole chicken in the oven so that it would be ready to eat for lunch. First I slid some butter, garlic and thyme between the skin and meat of the breast, then stuffed the chicken with some lemon wedges, sliced garlic and some butter. After the chicken was cooked, I used tapioca flour to thicken the juices that were left in the pan. Delicious.

While the chicken was cooking, I purged two extra large garbage bags and one small grocery bag full of expired, stale and unwanted items from the pantry. Yes!! That's right!! I finally cleared the pantry!!

I completely filled the dishwasher with 'locknlock' containers after I emptied their contents into the bin.

At the same time as all of this was in progress, I made up another bottle of colloidal silver.

Once that job was complete, I had to make up a batch of dog food, so I chopped and cooked a giant pot of pumpkin and made 16 days worth of doggy goodness.

My plan for this evening's meal is to make some chilli chicken meatballs.

It will be an early night for me tonight because we will be on a bus tomorrow at 6.30am heading south to Eumundi Markets! I'm looking forward to a great day with 21 other ladies. We will shop til we drop and then eat lunch at Noosa Yacht Club before heading home mid afternoon.

That's it! My day here is complete.

Nite all.

No comments: