Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Nerves NOT of Steel

What a great day on the Sunny Coast browsing and spending at Eumundi Markets.

Adoring Husband drove me, The Motivator and Mum H to the service station at 6.15am where we boarded the bus.

It seemed to be a pretty quick trip down there and the weather was mild and overcast which made the drive very comfortable. There was lots of chatter going on as everybody caught up with each other's news.

We arrived at about 8.45am and all excitedly spilled out of the bus to, firstly, use the rest rooms, and then to scatter in all directions in search of bargains and any lovely goodies that took our fancy.

I stuck with The Motivator for the day because it was her first time with the lady's group and also her first time at Eumundi. She had a great day and declared that she would like, very much, to join the ladies every month for our luncheons.

I bought some jewellery, a top, two hats and a slate vase .. very difficult to describe, but I will create some floral art with it and take a photo over the weekend to post here. It is Adoring Husband's christmas present to me - even though he had no choice in the matter! I did text him to get his ok, but he didn't respond quickly enough, so I had to make an executive decision.

We were very lucky that the rains didn't come until we were leaving the markets. It was certainly coming down as we arrived at the Noosa Yacht Club for lunch! It rained the entire time we were there and was still raining lightly for most of the trip home.

I sit here in my lounge room now listening nervously to a very nasty storm descending upon us. The storm caused a lot of damage in Chinchilla earlier today with large hail stones and strong winds and has taken a few hours to reach us.

The Higgins Storm Chasing site has warned that there could be tornadoes lurking within this storm, so I'm about to go store my electronic devices in the walk-in wardrobe and prepare for the worst. I'm using the power of my will to force the storm to weaken before it reaches us, but I don't like my chances.

We experienced a brief but wild storm during the night last night. We had three dogs huddled in bed with us for two hours as we waited it out.

I'm not keen to end such a lovely day on such a scary note. Wish us luck!

Nite all.

No comments: